Friday, November 26, 2010

A letter to Uncle Boots...


Shortly after Christmas, my husband's Uncle Gary wrote a letter to his Uncle Boots (photo). I am guessing this letter was written in the mid 1950s. Boots was only 6 years old. Enjoy....

Dear Boots,

Hope you are fine, I'm six years old. Moma is fine. We have a new dog. His name is Skippy. He is black and white. He is house broken. He sleeps with me some times. Jimmy sleeps with me too, but he takes all the covers at night so I like to sleep with Skippy better. For Christmas I got a electric train, a sled, guns and holsters, trucks and cars, a hot rod and I didn't break anything yet, so I'll get more next year.

I like school. My teacher's name is Miss Bomber. I like to sing and hear stories but mostly I like to play on the monkey bars. Nancy looks like a monkey and Jimmy smells like one (his siblings). Moms says Jimmy takes after you. He got a bow and arrow for Xmas and he shoots holes in everything.

Grandpa and Grandma like beer. Daddy says that you take after them. I like candy the best and then money and I have enough to send this letter. Jimmy has two girls. One is Patty Jo and one is Mary. I don't know what to say so ....Love, Gary.


No comments:

Post a Comment